Tomato Rice Recipe
- 1.5 cups 921 Classic Red Label Basmati Rice.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 12 slit cashews
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 green chilly
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 3 cups water
- coriander leaves
- Wash rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear.
- Heatoil in a deep pan. Add cashews and fry them until golden and crisp. Regulate the flame to low and add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, teaspoon cumin, and cardamoms.
- Add onion and green chilly.
- Saute ginger garlic paste when the onions turn golden.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric, salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Cook until tomatoes turn mushy. Add red chili powder and saute.
- Pour water and stir it well. Add salt if needed.
- Add the drained rice and mix well. Cover the lid and let the rice cook till the grains absorb all the water.
- Once done, fluff gently with a fork.
- Serve the Tomato Rice garnished with coriander leaves with veg salad or raita.